Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 15-17 : Music and Magic

Day 15

I went to NH7 Weekender - one of the biggest and happiest music festival. I watched Shaa'ir an Func perform live and was fortunate enough to grab the front row. Here is one of the pics clicked by me

There was one band called "The Idan Raichel Project". The music was a magical blend of African, Latin American, Caribbean and Middle Eastern. The tumba drummer was amazing!

Then Papon, with his east india company(band) rocked the stage. It was a pleasure to hear some folk music blended with rock and a pinch of electronic stuff.

Day 16

Today was the 2nd day at the music festival with an awesome line up of bands. It started with Lagori, a band from Bangalore. I liked the energy of the artists. They rocked the stage. The song, Boom Shankar was magical. I kept on humming that while returning back home.

Then followed other great artists like Susheela Raman, The Raghu Dixit Project, Swarathma and The Indian Ocean.

2 days of awesome fun, music and magic!

Day 17

I woke up with a soar throat and pain in the ankle. May be it was because I was standing the whole time at the music festival yesterday. Also, the venue had too much dust floating around.

I took the day off and took some rest followed by my daily dose of reading tech articles. I observed few things today and was dumbstruck.

  • The way Disqus comments integrates seamlessly with the web page though they are served in an iframe
  • The way YouTube remembers exactly where I paused/stopped watching a particular video and plays it back from exactly the same point I stopped before.
  • The embedded video on Facebook stops playing once you click and starts from the same time in YouTube.

These things look like magic to me. Clarke was absolutely right in saying:

any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Though, in this case, it is the implementation that is sufficiently advanced.